Minutes from the Monthly Membership Meeting of the
Doylestown Business & Community Alliance
Held February 14th, 2012 8:00 a.m.
Jim Wessier/Princeton Mortgage, Molly Lowell/Mercer Museum, John Downes/Bucks County Bank, John Halderson, Trish Gerghini, Ron Martin/RMG Insurance, Ellen Mager/Booktenders Secrete Garden, Lynne Ann Donchez/L.A.D. & Co., Paula Frame/David Frame Shop, Rich Slabinski/QNB Bank, Jack Mikula/Mikula Web Design, Lisa White/Doylestown Food Co-op, Lisa Schwartz/HensTeeth, Libby White/Mayor, Kimberly Beck/Impact Hair Design, Roy Brettitt/Salem UCC, Jeremy Ralston/Sitecats
PRESIDENT’S REPORT â€“ Rich Slabinski
- Â April 10th & September 11th are the dates for our two evening membership meeting which will be held at Borough Hall from 7-8 pm.
TREASURER’S REPORT â€“ Â Â Our ending balance for January is $3,160.90.
- Resident membership mailing just went out.Â Currently working on getting out the business memberships.
Flower Baskets â€“ Rick Kempes
- Flower baskets will be planted in April and going up in May.
- Rick and Patty White met with the borough and the program will be cut from 440 baskets to 220 baskets.
- 35 crafter applications have been received.
- Working on sponsorships.
5K â€“ Matt Kaminski
- The sponsor forms have just been mailed out.Â
- Next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 21st at 4:30.Â
- The 5K is one of our major fund raisers which support all of the programs that we do.Â Please think of sponsoring this event.
- Decorations will come down on Saturday, February 25th.Â Volunteers are still needed and will meet at Starbucks at 9:00 a.m.Â Â Â
Merchant Group â€“ Lynne Ann Donchez
- Working hard at getting marketing efforts to keep shop local.
- Looking to get a grant to update the visitor’s kiosk and map in town.
Borough Liaison â€“ no update.
- Stu Abramson from the Bicentennial Committee is looking for merchant involvement on celebrating the 200 year anniversary of the County Seat in the borough.Â There will be a weeklong celebration staring Monday after the Memorial Day Parade through Saturday filled with activities and entertainment.Â Please go to www.DoylestownBicential.org if you would like to help or get more involved with the planning for this event.
- Steve Rubinstein from the Environmental Advisor Council will be introducing a new program to Doylestown to raise awareness called Bird Town.Â Encouraging residents to plant more native plants to the area.Â Looking for financial and volunteer support.Â Bird Town is a working partnership of Audubon and municipalities in Pennsylvania to promote conservation and community-based actions to create a healthy, more sustainable environment for birds and people.Â For more information go to www.pa.audubon.org/habitat
- Women in Business sponsoring the Gourmet Getaway, March 20th at Spring Mill Country Club
The County Theater is raising money to purchase new digital projectors.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00
< Back to Meeting Minutes